Sunday, February 5, 2017

Not A Recipe Blog, But This Breakfast Casserole Is Everything.


Hey ya'll.

Yeah, I KNOW this isn't a recipe blog, because I'm just not that kind of girl.

But I HAVE TO fill you in on my family's FAVORITE weekend breakfast 'round here. My 11-year-old said today, "Can you make this every day? You're the best cook ever". So, I thought I'd share just one more aspect of my awesomeness. ha. 



I have made it in the past but modified for our preferences and essentially combined three different recipes.

It is NOT, I REPEAT, NOT healthy, so if you're no-sugar-carb-bad crap like I am, you can just stare at it, like I did, whilst partaking of my plain greek yogurt with stevia and berries. Almost as good (ok not really but I'm 13 pounds lighter than 2 1/2 weeks ago so it's worth it).

This is perfect for a Sunday morning, especially if you make your kids wait until like 11am for breakfast because you sent your husband to the store. They'll eat better than they ever have, therefore annoying you MUCH less than usual. Also a GREAT and easy idea for "Brinner" as my kinds call breakfast-for-dinner.

So, your shopping list for this recipe will be:

1. 1 16oz. can of Grands biscuits
2. 1 pkg sausage links of your choice
3. 1 packet of country gravy mix
4. 6-8 eggs (depending on family size)
5. 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
6. 2 c. frozen hashbrowns
7. 1/2 c. milk
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Brown sausage and cut into bite-size pieces
Spray a 9x13glass baking dish with non-stick spray
Cut each biscuit into four pieces
Layer on the bottom of the baking dish
Layer frozen hashbrowns on top
Sprinkle with Pepper
Mix eggs, salt and pepper, milk and 1/2 c. shredded cheese in a bowl
Pour over biscuit/hashbrown mixture
Prepare gravy mix per directions
Pour on top of egg mixture
Top with remaining shredded cheese

Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees!
That's it!





You'll thank me for this one, because everyone will shut up long enough for you to drink your coffee in peace. And isn't that what Sunday mornings are all about?






2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious. Of course neither Uncle John or I could have any of that stuff. And I must confess, I don't think I've ever heard of a 9x14 pan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, typo! This thing is sinful but the kids love it every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete